Why hello there! It’s been awhile since I last blogged, but I was in need of some time away, especially after the wake of violence in Orlando over the weekend. My heart is absolutely broken over these senseless acts of violence.
Unlike other Shakeology reviews that simply list the ingredients, we decided to take closer look into the Shakeology ingredients. To find if this meal replacement shake is truly what it claims to be. Packed with superfood ingredients that have been sourced globally. Curious to know what our research revealed? Here are the key Shakeology ingredients and our findings, that will help you understand what makes them so effective:
- Isolated Whey Protein and Fiber: While the former is a source of high-quality protein that your body can easily absorb, the latter keeps you feeling full for a longer time. Thus reducing your food cravings and hunger. Since whey protein encourages in building and maintaining muscle mass, you get better results with your workout sessions that are aimed at muscle gain. Yet, the benefits don’t stop here since your muscles can now regenerate faster. Which no longer makes you feel sore after every workout session. Whey protein even helps to keep your blood sugar steady. Thanks to the essential amino acids present in whey protein that encourage clarity of mind by supporting the functions of your brain, you can enjoy improved cognitive focus.
- Phytonutrients: Our Shakeology review found that this health shake contains polyphenols, flavonoids, catechins and anthocyanins. All of which have antioxidant properties that help to fight the damage caused by free radicals. Perhaps you know how free radicals damage your cells and could be held responsible for the aging process and worse, even for certain degenerative conditions. With the intake of Shakeology, you get to benefit from these phytonutrients that are known to prevent many of such degenerative conditions together with giving a boost to your immune system.
- Probiotics and Prebiotics: Probiotics are friendly bacteria that help your gut while prebiotics refer to elements that support such friendly bacteria, thus supporting healthy digestion. Since they help with nutrient absorption (e.g. prebiotics help in absorption of certain minerals, calcium being the most notable one), they support the regularity of your digestive track that help you to forget gas, bloating and other such troubles that are caused by poor digestion.
- Digestive Enzymes: By helping the foods you consume to be broken down into their individual components, these enzymes pave the way for better absorption of nutrients. This means whatever your food intake is throughout the day, it gets absorbed better in terms of nutrients, thus letting you enjoy better digestion and regularity.
- Adaptogen Herbs: In today’s fast paced life, stress has become an inherent part that you just can’t avoid. The best way is to manage it effectively to lead a healthy life and that’s exactly what these herbs do. These herbs have been used traditionally to help your body become accustomed to the effects of stress and respond to it in a positive manner, thus not making it get hold of your life and turn into a chronic condition with time.
- Vitamins and Minerals: If you don’t like to eat your veggies (like many of us do) or just fail to get enough vegetables on your plate, this meal replacement loaded with vitamins and minerals can help you get the adequate dose your body requires for proper functioning. For lazybones or those pressed for time, drinking a glass of this healthy shake is much more convenient than buying and eating loads of fruits and veggies (not to mention the cooking time involved in some cases as you can’t eat some of these foods raw!).
Article Source : http://www.getrippedathome.org/shakeology-reviews/
Athletes and people with an active life style, or are serious about their health, need a good amount of nutrients to optimise their performance. Certain supplements like creatine and fish oil are needed by athletes in greater quantities than other people need them. Greens are another important supplement that is often ignored, or at least does not get the same amount of attention.
This is a Superfood Cocktail
Athletic Greens is a greens powder that has been brought out especially for use by athletes and people willing to invest in their health. It offers a premium superfood cocktail, with a well balanced list of ingredients that contains most of what athletes need for peak performance. Many greens drinks do not taste very pleasant, but this one has had several fruits, vegetables, vanilla and stevia added to the mixture. This results in a very smooth and slightly sweet taste that will appeal to most people.
A Single Serving Gives the Full Daily Value of Most Vitamins
The packaging on the container does claim no sweeteners are added to the mixture, but stevia, although definitely a herbal extract, is also used in many other foods and drinks as a sweetener. The other ingredients in Athletic Greens provide a complete multivitamin and multi mineral combination, which together with the greens supplement, will give athletes a supply of everything they need for a capital performance. A single serving of Athletic Greens will give the athlete the requisite daily dose of zinc, almost the whole daily Vitamin A requirement, together with the complete complement of Vitamin C, E and biotin, as well as the necessary assortment of B vitamins needed. This single serving also includes 160 percent of the essential day to day requirement of Vitamin B6 and about 500 percent of the Vitamin B12 that everybody needs for brain health. Enough Vitamin B12 is often difficult to get in the vegan diet, so Athletic Greens is a drink that will be a first rate choice of supplement for any athlete who is a vegan.
All these ingredients are obtained from various sources and foods. Most of them come from a variety of greens, mushrooms and a wide range of herbs and herbal extracts, and all are carefully selected and have been tested thoroughly. These are all great for building g immunity as well as boosting energy levels. These ingredients are divided into four different components.
1. The first part of the list contains all the well-known Superfoods. These include the herbs and greens that are incorporated for their nutrients and alkalinity. Alkalinity is necessary for all athletes to keep the Ph of their bodies maintained, especially those athletes who neglect the eating of enough green vegetables in their normal diets. The Superfoods group includes supplements like spirulina, wheat grass and chlorella, and these elements make up the bulk of Athletics Greens drink.
2. The second section of important ingredients includes a number of antioxidants and even more herbs. This is the second biggest group of nutrients in the powder. Among other elements, the powder contains the essential antioxidant citrus bioflavonoids, some pea protein and CoQ-10.
3. A group of mushrooms, with both reishi and shiitake, are included in the third component. These, together with other digestive enzymes, aid the speedy digestion and absorption of all the nutrients.
4. The last section contains a selection of the important probiotics. Athletic Greens is a great source of the well-known important probiotics lactobacillus acidophilus and bifidobacterium bifidum. These microflorae are dairy free, but the acidophilus may also aid lactose sensitive people to manage digestion of lactose. The natural development of microflora already in the intestines, is aided by the inclusion in the superfoods section of the probiotic fructooligosaccharide. This will develop many favourable side effects in athletes’ general health.
Two Servings a Day Recommended
The manufacturers of Athletic Greens recommend athletes take two servings a day. Product review of Athletics green powder leads one to the conclusion that this is one of the most effective wholefood, greens and vitamin supplements on the market, one that will certainly aid digestive health and help to produce the energy every athlete needs, Athletic Greens is undoubtedly one of the best in the market, but it is also pretty expensive. Most people however, athletes or not, agree that it is worth the price and can be considered life insurance. The two servings a day of Athletic Greens help them reach peak performance.