Why hello there! It’s been awhile since I last blogged, but I was in need of some time away, especially after the wake of violence in Orlando over the weekend. My heart is absolutely broken over these senseless acts of violence.
Amazing Grass is one of my favorite companies. In the Greens Powder industry, I think they’re the company to beat. They do a lot of things right, including:
- having a well defined product line
- use high quality ingredients
- compete very well on price
- are ethically sound in the way they conduct business
- seemingly one of the only companies that avoids skeezy marketing claims and also embraces the customer centric web 2.0 business model.
Among other things.
As a company they have different lines of superfood products that cover greens, berries, kids, and total meal powders, all of which are very good.
However, I believe their green superfood is their oldest and flagship product. It’s probably the most popular product of its type in the world.
It’s what I used for this review. Let’s get started!
Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with the Amazing Grass company. I write these reviews to inform curious consumers about the details of these products and bring transparency to the market. I highlight the pros and cons of products not to glorify or tear down a company or product, but simply to give consumers a clear idea of what they’re buying. I think all of these products have a lot of benefits to offer if used properly. If I state an opinion I make sure make it clear that it’s just that, and others may have different experiences.
The ingredient list for the Amazing Grass green superfood is very solid with an emphasis on high quality grasses and organic ingredients.
It includes the following:
Greens: wheat grass, barley grass, alfalfa grass, spirulina, chlorella, spinach, broccoli
Berries: acai, maca, carrot, beet, raspberry, rose hips, pineapple, green tea, acerola cherry
Fibers: Flax seed, apple pectin
Digestive Enzymes and Probiotics: F.O.S.(a prebiotic), L. acidophilus, protease, amylase, lipase, lactase, cellulase
Let’s break these down a little bit more.
Article Source : http://blog.healthkismet.com/amazing-grass-green-superfood-review
Athletes and people with an active life style, or are serious about their health, need a good amount of nutrients to optimise their performance. Certain supplements like creatine and fish oil are needed by athletes in greater quantities than other people need them. Greens are another important supplement that is often ignored, or at least does not get the same amount of attention.
This is a Superfood Cocktail
Athletic Greens is a greens powder that has been brought out especially for use by athletes and people willing to invest in their health. It offers a premium superfood cocktail, with a well balanced list of ingredients that contains most of what athletes need for peak performance. Many greens drinks do not taste very pleasant, but this one has had several fruits, vegetables, vanilla and stevia added to the mixture. This results in a very smooth and slightly sweet taste that will appeal to most people.
A Single Serving Gives the Full Daily Value of Most Vitamins
The packaging on the container does claim no sweeteners are added to the mixture, but stevia, although definitely a herbal extract, is also used in many other foods and drinks as a sweetener. The other ingredients in Athletic Greens provide a complete multivitamin and multi mineral combination, which together with the greens supplement, will give athletes a supply of everything they need for a capital performance. A single serving of Athletic Greens will give the athlete the requisite daily dose of zinc, almost the whole daily Vitamin A requirement, together with the complete complement of Vitamin C, E and biotin, as well as the necessary assortment of B vitamins needed. This single serving also includes 160 percent of the essential day to day requirement of Vitamin B6 and about 500 percent of the Vitamin B12 that everybody needs for brain health. Enough Vitamin B12 is often difficult to get in the vegan diet, so Athletic Greens is a drink that will be a first rate choice of supplement for any athlete who is a vegan.
All these ingredients are obtained from various sources and foods. Most of them come from a variety of greens, mushrooms and a wide range of herbs and herbal extracts, and all are carefully selected and have been tested thoroughly. These are all great for building g immunity as well as boosting energy levels. These ingredients are divided into four different components.
1. The first part of the list contains all the well-known Superfoods. These include the herbs and greens that are incorporated for their nutrients and alkalinity. Alkalinity is necessary for all athletes to keep the Ph of their bodies maintained, especially those athletes who neglect the eating of enough green vegetables in their normal diets. The Superfoods group includes supplements like spirulina, wheat grass and chlorella, and these elements make up the bulk of Athletics Greens drink.
2. The second section of important ingredients includes a number of antioxidants and even more herbs. This is the second biggest group of nutrients in the powder. Among other elements, the powder contains the essential antioxidant citrus bioflavonoids, some pea protein and CoQ-10.
3. A group of mushrooms, with both reishi and shiitake, are included in the third component. These, together with other digestive enzymes, aid the speedy digestion and absorption of all the nutrients.
4. The last section contains a selection of the important probiotics. Athletic Greens is a great source of the well-known important probiotics lactobacillus acidophilus and bifidobacterium bifidum. These microflorae are dairy free, but the acidophilus may also aid lactose sensitive people to manage digestion of lactose. The natural development of microflora already in the intestines, is aided by the inclusion in the superfoods section of the probiotic fructooligosaccharide. This will develop many favourable side effects in athletes’ general health.
Two Servings a Day Recommended
The manufacturers of Athletic Greens recommend athletes take two servings a day. Product review of Athletics green powder leads one to the conclusion that this is one of the most effective wholefood, greens and vitamin supplements on the market, one that will certainly aid digestive health and help to produce the energy every athlete needs, Athletic Greens is undoubtedly one of the best in the market, but it is also pretty expensive. Most people however, athletes or not, agree that it is worth the price and can be considered life insurance. The two servings a day of Athletic Greens help them reach peak performance.